Home  >  Child Custody  >  Enforcement Action

Houston Enforcement Action Lawyers

Court-ordered settlements for divorces are legally binding, and both spouses involved in the divorce in question are required to uphold the court’s orders. Unfortunately, however, there are instances in which one of the spouses refuses to follow the arrangements and agreements made during divorce proceedings, leaving their ex-spouse with a difficult financial and/or emotional situation.

After going through divorce negotiations, which can be difficult, you should be able to expect that the agreements and issues which were settled will be upheld. However, this does not always happen, leaving you wondering what to do. Fortunately, you do not have to endure your ex-spouse failing to live up to these agreements; instead, you can take enforcement action with the help of a legal professional to make sure your ex-spouse complies with these agreements. Talk to an attorney of Holmes, Diggs & Sadler who can work with you to uphold your divorce settlement, by calling (713) 802-1777.

What Needs Enforcement

When your ex-spouse refuses to comply with court-ordered settlements regarding your divorce and children, then you may need the help of legal enforcement. Generally, enforcement comprises one of two issues:

Both visitation and child support agreements are essential divorce issues that must be adhered to following a divorce. As such, those who fail to live up to their duties as stated in these agreements should be legally made to follow these agreements.

Contact Us

At Holmes, Diggs & Sadler, our divorce attorneys firmly believe that your rights as a parent should always be respected and upheld. If you are facing the negative consequences of a reticent spouse and are dealing with enforcement issues, contact us today at (713) 802-1777 to see how we can help you with enforcement actions.

Our Office Location

Holmes, Diggs & Sadler
5300 Memorial Dr #900
Houston, TX 77007
Phone: (713) 802-1777

Can We Help You?