Home  >  Child Custody  >  Enforcement of Visitation

Houston Enforcement of Visitation Attorneys

Once the court sets up a visitation agreement for child custody, all parties must adhere to this plan or risk the legal enforcement of visitation. When a child’s parent or custodian is not provided with the visitation rights he or she deserves, the individual may be able to use the Texas legal system as a powerful tool enforce the visitation agreement. If the other parent or custodian does not respond, the wronged parent or custodian may request the applicable punishment of that individual.

At Holmes, Diggs & Sadler, we understand how difficult child visitations case in Houston can be. That is why our knowledgeable attorneys offer their full determination, experience, and resources to our clients, giving them the legal representation they need for numerous family law and child custody issues, including the enforcement of visitation agreements.

Steps Involved in the Enforcement of Visitation Rights

When working towards the enforcement of visitation rights, a parent or custodian needs to carefully follow a well-planned legal path. By filing the correct motions with the court, maintaining thorough records, and creating a powerful argument for his or her case, a wronged parent or custodian can achieve legal enforcement of a child visitation order, potentially backed by heavy penalties for the person who violated the visitation agreement.

As a parent or custodian seeking enforcement of visitation rights, you may undergo the following process with the help of a dedicated lawyer:

  • A formal letter should be sent to the other parent or custodian regarding a fair opportunity to schedule a visitation
  • If the other parent or custodian ignores this letter, you can file a motion to enforce the child visitation agreement
  • After setting a date and time for a hearing, you can request the judge to sign an order for the other parent or custodian to appear
  • The other parent custodian should be given fair notice about the scheduled hearing
  • During the hearing, you should provide documentation or recorded evidence of the other parent or custodian ignoring the visitation agreement and any other violations
  • If the other parent or custodian didn’t appear at the hearing, you may file a capias, or a motion to have the individual arrested for failing to appear in court

Fortunately, you don’t have to go through this process alone. Whether you have been wrongfully denied access to your child or the non-custodial parent refuses to respect your visitation agreement, you can seek legal representation to help you with the enforcement of visitation.

Contact an Enforcement of Visitation Lawyer in Houston

If your child’s other parent or custodian hasn’t followed through with your visitation agreement, it may be time to involve the court. To learn more about this process and how we may be able to help you, contact a lawyer from Holmes, Diggs & Sadler today by calling (713) 802-1777.

Our Office Location

Holmes, Diggs & Sadler
5300 Memorial Dr #900
Houston, TX 77007
Phone: (713) 802-1777

Can We Help You?