Frequently Asked Questions
The Houston divorce lawyers of Holmes, Diggs & Sadler understand that the legal details of family law cases can be confusing to those who are unfamiliar with the intricacies of this area of law. For this reason, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions that may help you understand your general options as well as certain factors that may affect your case. However, if you are dealing with divorce or another family law matter, it is essential that you discuss your specific situation with a Houston family law attorney so that you know exactly what your next steps should be. Contact our offices today at 713-802-1777 to review your questions or concerns with a member of our experienced team.
- Can couples with children get a simplified divorce?
- Can I change the last name of my children after a divorce?
- Can I get alimony in Texas?
- Can I make changes to my child custody agreement?
- Can my children take my new spouse’s name if I remarry?
- Do I need an attorney if I am going through a divorce?
- How can an attorney help with my divorce?
- How do I change my last name after a divorce?
- How is Alimony calculated?
- How much will a divorce cost me?
- Is the court more likely to grant custody to a mother than a father?
- Is there any difference between alimony and spousal support?
- What are the most common causes for divorce?
- What is a prenuptial agreement?
- What is mediation?
- Who decides what visitation is?