Home  >  FAQs  >  Can I make changes to my child custody agreement?

Can I make changes to my child custody agreement?

Once your child custody agreement is in place after a divorce or other such separation, changing it is possible but can be complicated. In order to successfully change the terms set forth in your child custody agreement, you must prove that a substantial change has taken place that necessitates the modification for the good of your child. For instance, if the child’s other parent develops a mental illness or drug addiction, you may seek modification to gain sole custody of your child. Unfortunately, this can be difficult to do without the support of a dedicated attorney.

To discuss child custody issues and find out if your circumstances warrant a change to your child custody arrangement, please contact an attorney of Holmes, Diggs & Sadler today at (713) 802-1777.

Our Office Location

Holmes, Diggs & Sadler
5300 Memorial Dr #900
Houston, TX 77007
Phone: (713) 802-1777

Can We Help You?