Houston Divorce Attorneys
The Legal Advocacy You Deserve in & out of Court
Filing for and finalizing a divorce is one of the most complicated things you may ever do - legally and emotionally. Finding a lawyer capable of protecting your rights and best interests in court while dealing with your case empathetically is vital if you want to achieve the best results.
At Holmes, Diggs & Sadler, our Houston divorce lawyers utilize a meticulous, client-focused approach to divorce that helps clients get what they want.
Divorce Cases We Handle
The agreements reached during your divorce can significantly impact the rest of your life, from your financial security to your ability to spend time with your children. Therefore, without a experienced Houston divorce lawyer on your side, you may not be adequately protecting yourself or your future.
At Holmes, Diggs & Sadler, we are prepared to assist clients with the following divorce issues:
- Asset division – The division of assets is often one of the most highly-contested issues a divorcing couple must deal with. It is essential to have an attorney on your side fighting to retain what means most to you.
- Large marital estates – We have experience handling large marital estates and the complicated issues that arise with the complexities of fair asset division
- Valuation of business in divorce – When a business needs to be considered in divorce proceedings, we will be there to help determine the valuation earnings, outlook, and other considerations.
- Preserving separate property – Strong legal representation is often necessary when fighting for property that should be kept separate from the divorce proceedings, whether that is inheritance, gifts, or other property.
- Custody – Child custody can be contentious and stressful for both parties, and you need a lawyer on your side, fighting to ensure that you can see your children as much as possible.
- Visitation – If you are not awarded custody, you still have a right to see your children. We will fight to ensure that you remain close to your children, even if you are not the residential parent.
- Alimony – If you need to seek alimony from your spouse, we will work to build a strong case in support of your claim to get you the compensation you are rightfully owed.
- Enforcement of orders – If your ex fails to follow the orders of the court, you may be able to take additional legal action to enforce the agreements that were determined by the state.
- Relocation – If you need to relocate and adjustments need to be made to the arrangement due to job relocation or moving closer to be with family to help with childcare, you need strong legal representation to help you make your claim.
- Jurisdictional disputes – When you no longer live in the same state as your spouse, many complications may arise when it comes to serving divorce papers and other jurisdiction issues. We are here to help you.
- International/Foreign disputes – Navigating the divorce process with a spouse that does not live in the country can be challenging. Fortunately, we have experience with such matters and are ready to help you.
- Grandparents’ rights – Grandparents are often forgotten in the struggle between two parents. We will work hard to ensure that you have access to your grandchildren to keep the oh-so-important bond strong.
- Appeals – When an appeal of the court’s decision is warranted, we are there to help you build the strongest case possible.
- Military Divorce – Our attorneys can help you navigate the potential pitfalls that military families might face when pursuing divorce.